W.O.W. ~ WORDS OF WISDOM!!!
"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.




Thursday, October 29, 2009

EVERYDAY MIRACLES!

It is a warm and sunny day. You are speeding down the interstate listening to your favorite tune, trying to enjoy the sunshine that is beating down upon you. Although your intentions were to leave earlier for your important meeting, something just came up and now you are late. You decide not to sweat it, and think positively that you are going to try to have a good day, despite the stress that is accompanying your tardiness. All of a sudden, traffic comes to a halt, and you are stuck yet again and are temporarily stalled in reaching your destination. You become irritated at the inconvenience that this traffic jam has caused you. Then….as you get a little closer, you see the red flashing lights, the jaws of life, a mangled car, and numerous emergency personnel trying to save the life of someone that was involved in a car accident that occurred approximately no longer than ten to fifteen minutes before you arrived on the scene. All of a sudden, your frustration, irritation, and stress leave your body to make room for thanksgiving and praise!!! It took you about ten to fifteen minutes to deal with that “something” that came up, and you realize that could have been you in the accident. You ask God to bless the lifeless body that lies ahead of you, but you praise that God spared you as well.


I don’t know if this scenario is one that you have ever experienced, but I have experienced it several times. I currently commute to work, and I actually experienced this earlier in the week. I considered this an everyday miracle in my life. Maybe your situation is different than the one I shared above, but I guarantee that if you look throughout your week, you too will find some everyday miracles; some situations in which you were spared and you knew it was only by the grace of God.


When we think about miracles, we think of some miraculous healing that opens the sky and beams down bright lights upon the miracle receiver. We think of images that we may have seen in movies and cartoons. We think of things like someone being cured from a disease or obtaining a large amount of money after living for so long being extremely poor. These too, my friends are miracles. However, we don’t have to look far to find miracles in our lives. God performs miracles daily. When He wakes us in the morning, He performs a miracle and a blessing. When your family has nothing to eat, or no money to buy anything, and God sends someone your way with a hot meal; that is a miracle! When you are driving around town on Wednesday with a handful of gas, and it miraculously lasts you for the rest of the week; that is a miracle! When Jesus manifests His glory upon you; that is a miracle!


John 2:11 states, This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth His glory; and His disciples believed on him.


The purpose of an everyday miracle is to give God the glory and praise for how He has moved in our life each day. We are to praise God for His everyday miracles, and not wait until something major occurs in our life. ANYTIME God moves in your life, it is MAJOR because He is not obligated to do anything for us. Lest we not forget, that we owe HIM!


Psalm 40:5 states, Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.


This verse states that God works in our lives daily, and we are to praise HIM for these works! How many times have we taken the credit for the miracles that God has done for us? And, even though we take the credit from time to time, God still has enough grace and mercy upon us to keep performing miracles in our life every day! How blessed are we to have a Father whose love is so true and everlasting. What were your everyday miracles today? Share them with someone and give God the praise!

Lord, I thank you right now for your everyday miracles. All works that you do in my life are miracles and I realize that You deserve all of the honor and glory for Your works. Lord, teach me how to share the miracles that you have performed in my life with others. I will use them to glorify your name. It is in your name that all good things flow, and I thank You for flowing in my life. I ask You to continue to cover me and protect me from hurt, harm, and danger. Let me not exalt myself, but exalt You! Forgive me for times that I have stolen Your glory for works done in my life. I love You and praise Your holy name. Thank You for all of your works yesterday, today, and I praise you in advance for Your works on tomorrow. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment