W.O.W. ~ WORDS OF WISDOM!!!
"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pressing Through the Pain

Today was a rough day for me. My body has flair ups of pain. The pain is onset by weather, stress, and a few other uncontrollable factors. I began hurting last night. I had finally decided to lay down early last night and went to sleep with the hope that I would awake this morning ready for a new day. To my dismay, I awoke with more pain and stiffness in my legs than the night before. Despite the pain, I decided to go to work anyway and ask God to help me muster up the strength that I needed to tackle the day’s activities. I decided to press through the pain!



Pain is a difficult concept to deal with. Pain can be emotional, physical, or even mental. Pain can affect many aspects of our lives. It can affect our daily routine, relationships, and relevance in this world. Although my pain today was physical, I have experienced many different aspects of pain. Pain is a feeling that, unless you have experienced it first hand, it is difficult to place yourself in the mindset of someone who is operating under painful conditions. At some point in your life, you will experience some form of pain.


Pain is no new visitor of God’s children. Jesus experienced the different aspects of pain just as we do.
In Luke chapter 23, Jesus experienced physical pain just so we would have the opportunity to eternal life; physical pain. In John chapter 11, Jesus wept over Lazarus’ death; emotional pain. What kinds of pain have you experienced in your life?


Pain always has a purpose, even if it is simply for God to remind us who He is and that He is the source of all of our needs. Sometimes the pain we experience is because God will place someone in our life that will need us, and we will have had to gone through something in order to be empathetic to their needs and situations. What if Jesus had not pressed His way through the pain of the cross? Scary to think about, isn’t it?


As uncomfortable as pain is, we must continue to press through our pain! Pain is only temporary, for our Father is preparing a place for us in which pain is not a part of. The purpose of our life is so much larger than what we see. We cannot allow our pain to blind us of God’s divine purpose for our lives. If we ask, God can soothe or remove our pain in His time. If you are waiting for your pain to be removed, just keep holding on, God is on the way. He will arrive in His own time, and when He does, let us not forget the source of our soothing. Let’s praise God when He touches one finger on our bodies, hearts, and minds that may be plagued by pain. He loves us, and He knows how much we can bear.


My pain had controlled my thoughts, and I had decided earlier today that I was not going to attend Bible study. My legs feel like a ton of bricks and all I really wanted to do after teaching third graders all day was to lie in bed. But, mentally, I desired to attend Bible study. “The devil is defeated and God be praised, I’ve got the victory!” Not only am I going to Bible study, but I am also determined to get a word on tonight! Philippians is my testimony on tonight.


Phil.3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Jesus Christ


AND


Phil.4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.


Thank You LORD!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for your inspiration. You are truly a blessing. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you also. I'm just glad that God saw a little something in me that He could use. It is my prayer that you continue to be inspired by God's word. Thank you for your encouragement as well.

    ReplyDelete