W.O.W. ~ WORDS OF WISDOM!!!
"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.




Thursday, June 30, 2011

AMAZEMENT ; )

I am totally amazed by the way that God loves us so. When I attempt to think about the level of love that God has for His children, I become somewhat dumbfounded.




One of the most important tasks that Christians have been given by our Heavenly Father is to simply love one another. Sounds simple, but loving others is, in my personal opinion, the most difficult feat for any Christian to accomplish. Let us be real here; our flesh interferes with this as it is sometimes filled with malice, jealously, envy, and even rage towards others when we feel that they have wronged us. We get totally defensive and forget that what others do to us may just be a part of God's plan in teaching us how to forgive and love those that are most difficult to love. We always seem to come up with numerous reasons why we are unable to love others. (And, just being civil or nice to someone does not mean that you love them.) Who do you truly love? Only God, and hopefully you, knows because our love for others is written on our hearts for only god and us to truly see and feel.


I began to think about what God's list would look like if He began to jot down reasons why He should not love or care about us:


1. He calls: We ignore Him.


2. He tries to spend time with us: We have more important items on our agenda. No time for Him.


3. He stands beside us: We walk right past Him and pretends He is not there.


4. He give us instructions: We disobey. Afterall, we are grown and can take care of ourselves. Right?


5. He protects and blesses us daily: We are too busy with our worldly tasks to take a few minutes and say "thanks".


6. He does us favors: We don't even attempt to repay Him for them, but we are quick to repay a friend when they do us a favor.


7. He listens when we need to talk: When we find someone else to talk to, He no longer hears from us.


8. He holds us when we are afraid and covers us when we are in danger: That is the only time we allow Him to cuddle with us.


10. He provides all our needs and even some of our wants: We hold out on the worship and praises that are due to Him.


11. He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins: We knowingly sin daily.


Wow! That list is a lot to swallow, and I am sure that there are loads more disappointments that could be added. I am so glad that God is exactly who He is! God could have stopped loving us at number one. But, He didn't. I can only imagine trying to love someone that does not show me that they love me back. I can only imagine not giving up on someone when they mistreat me. I am so glad that God can love in a capacity that humans can't.


I know that sometimes in our eyes it will seem that family and friends don't love us. It will feel like no one cares. My friend, God will always love us...NO MATTER WHAT!!! We will do some things that will disappoint Him. But, because He is who He says He is....He will love us anyhow!!!!! That's true love and when I think about how much God loves me even though I don't deserve it, it leaves me in total AMAZEMENT!


Father,
I want to first thank You right now for simply loving me. I know that I am unworthy of your love. I know that there is absolutely nothing that I can do to deserve the things that you do for me, and the love that you have for me. I can only pray now and ask that you help me to love others that are most difficult for me to love. Help me to use your love for me as an example of how to love others. Father, where there are things in my heart and mind that keep me from loving, please help me to remove them so that I may love You and others with all my might. Please forgive me for the times that I have not shown you love like I should have. Help me O God to always put You first and to love You with all that I have and all that I am. Thank you for your forgiveness, grace, mercy, and most importantly, Your love! Until we speak again....
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment