W.O.W. ~ WORDS OF WISDOM!!!
"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.




Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Love Letter to My Father

Dear Daddy,

I know that it hasn't been that long since we last spoke, but I really needed to write you this letter. I must confess that there is a slight tear in my spirit right now. I've had an issue that I've been trying to deal with without You, and I'm getting nowhere. I feel like I'm just spinning around in directionless circles. I turn it over to You now Father. I know that You have what it takes to handle it.


When I was on my way home today, I was thinking about You. I was thinking about the reasons that I love You so very much. There are so many, that I could not count them all, but I wanted to write this letter to You so I could let you know just how much I love You and why.

I love You because You love me.
I love You because of who You are, My Father.
I love You because when I can't see what's in front of and all around me, You are my eyes.
I love You because You created me; specially designed I am made.
I love You because when I see problems and troubles that others have that I don't have the power to solve, You listen to me cry out for them.
I love You because You trust me with the lives of Your creations.
I love You because You chose me, even before I was born.
I love You because when I have a problem that I can't solve, You step right in and take over.
I love You because You are my hero. You always save the day!
I love You because when I don't understand something and when I am perplexed by my burdens, You allow me to pass them on to You.
I love You because when I am lonely and out casted, without a friend in the world, You remind me that You befriended me many years ago and that You have been with me every since.
I love You because You are my peace.
I love You because you bless me and provide for me, even though I don't deserve any of it.
I love You because I can do absolutely, positively nothing without You.
I love You because Your grace and mercy shower me daily.
I love You because You speak to me.
I love You because You understand me when I am misunderstood by others.
I love You because You want me to spend eternity with You, and gave up your Son Jesus just so I could.
I love You because You can take a nothing and create something super special.
I love You because You are God!!!


There are many more reasons that I love you, Daddy. I want You to know that it is within You that I have strength, knowledge, confidence, and a growing Christian character. Thank you, Daddy for all that You have done for me. I try to repay You in every way possible. I know that I never could. I feel so special to be Your daughter. Please continue to love me and guide me as I toddle along this journey. And, when I fall, please continue to help me up. I just can't make it without You! I am looking forward to speaking with You again soon. Love you lots!

Your Daughter,

LaVetta

No comments:

Post a Comment