W.O.W. ~ WORDS OF WISDOM!!!
"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.




Thursday, December 3, 2009

UNTIL.....

Have you ever been sick and tired, of being sick and tired of an issue in your life? I think each of us has one thing that just won't go away. We try to solve it, pray it away, work though it, move past it, and even turn our back in hopes to ignore it; but when we turn back around, there it is, looking us right square in the face! How frustrating to have such an annoying issue that just won't go away.



Now, this is not a pity post whatsoever, so please don't interpret it that way. One of the purposes God has for this website is for me to just plain keep it real with you. Being a Christian is not an easy lifestyle to live when we reside in a world where so many people lack Christ and His love.


I have an issue in my life that I have dealt with since childhood. I felt that by now, it would just simply be resolved, but it is actually getting worse. When I go to all the places and talk to all the people that I am supposed to, to work towards figuring this thing out, I just feel like I am spinning around in directionless circles that are leading nowhere! In my frustration, I asked God when He was going to help me deal with this thing, and what I was supposed to do in the mean time. I began to wonder how long I was going to have to wait to at least feel like I was getting somewhere with this. His reply was....UNTIL!


The word until is an indefinite word, meaning that there is no set time for one to wrap their mind around; no countdown, no marking days off of the calendar...nothing. I just have to wait UNTIL! My until is not your until and your until is not someone else's until, but they are all God's untils!


Sometimes I forget just who it is that I belong to. Sometimes in the midst of the issue, I forget that my Father has all and knows all, and because of that I needn't worry about any thing. I also forget that it is He, and not me, who knows what's best for me! I forget that even with my issues, I am fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139:14)


I began to think about 2 Corinthians chapter 12, the thorn in the flesh. Paul has an undisclosed issue. There are several conclusions that have been drawn as to what this issue that Paul had was, including malaria and epilepsy. What the issue was is not important, but what is vital to this passage is that the issue kept Paul from living a fulfilling daily life, which included his work. Paul was hindered by this issue. Paul prayed and asked God to remove this "thorn: (i.e., the issue) from his flesh, but God refused. Instead, God decided to use Paul for His glory, thorn and all. He knew what was best for Paul. The thorn kept him humble and dependent upon God. Think about most Biblical figures, God used the weak ones to work through! WOW! Hence, when we are weak, it is then that we are strong because God is working through us!


What uplift this scripture gave me tonight. I'm not throwing a pity party about my pain because what may look like a weakness to others and even to myself is strategically placed in me by God!


So, I, like Paul, have prayed that God removes my thorn. When God told me I had to wait UNTIL... He was ready to remove it; I have comfort through the pain because I know that God has His own special purpose for the hurt. And, if He never chooses to remove the thorn; if UNTIL never comes until He calls me to spend eternity with Him, I will continue to follow His instruction and guidance and praise Him just simply because He is exactly who He is!


God Bless You on Your Journey...... and just continue to wait.....UNTIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment